With golf season and summer right around the corner hopefully you are thinking about taking up the game of golf. If you are, you’re probably thinking about which clubs to purchase. If you are a beginner, golf clubs can be expensive, so it is very important to know a little something about the clubs you put in your golf bag before you purchase them. Here are five tips that can help you on your search for the right clubs:
1. When choosing a driver it is important to remember that shorter may be better than longer. Most manufactures today are producing drivers for experienced players that are too long for beginners. With a shorter club you have a better chance of hitting the ball squarely. Also, if you tend to miss the “sweet spot” on your current driver frequently, you should get a driver with a maximum forgiveness rating (many golf club manufacturers provide this information).
2. Consider using your 3-wood as a driver. If you get more distance with your 3-wood off the tee, making this simple change could help you drop a few strokes off of your game.
3. When it comes to choosing the right golf clubs for you, grip size and type, shaft length and type, plus the lie angle of the club-head can all be very important. Golfers come in all shapes and sizes with their own unique swinging techniques. Having a set that is the right fit for your swing will make it easier for you to learn and improve your game.
4. To find the golf clubs that best fit your golfing style your best bet may be getting fitted for golf clubs right here at Blueberry Pines Golf Course. This is a great way to test out which clubs work for you and which ones don’t. For instance, if your club is too long, light, or heavy for your golf swing type, it will limit your ability to properly hit the ball squarely at impact. Having a golf set that is completely wrong for you when you're trying to learn can make it much more difficult or even impossible to get any better.
5. If you struggle with long irons, which most players do, you should consider trying a hybrid. Hybrids can be an easier-to-hit alternative to long irons. Hybrid clubs have a more forgiving club face, and lower center of gravity which gives it easier “swingablilty.”
Now that you are on the right track to finding the right clubs, it’s time to put them to use! Blueberry Pines is a great golf course for any level of golfer. Check out our memberships options here.
If you have any questions call (218) 564-4653 or email email@example.com